KRISTIN CURRIER LUDLOW
UI / UX Designer / Art Director / WordPress Consultant
+ Who I am
- Masterful visual designer with 17 years experience
- Persistent evangelizer of user-centered design
- Strategic, consistent, creative thinker
- Mentor, partner, communicator
+ My Approach
I come from a very diverse background of marketing, management, development and visual design and have worked closely with everyone in these fields – resulting in a highly supportive and collaborative environment that focuses on real people and their psychology and behavior. I listen, learn, ask questions, and put the user at the center of all stages of production.
+ Apps / Skills
- Low-fidelity – high-fidelity wireframing / visual design
- Requirements development
- User research
- Front-end development
- Project management
- Team leadership
- Agile environment
- Story-boarding / sketching
- User testing / analytics
- Creative direction
- Adobe CC 2017
- Sketch, Axure, UX Pin
- Content strategy, management
- Site architecture
- Mobile design
- Style guides / documentation
08/2016-present: UX / UI / WordPress Designer, Take 5 Media Group
Lead designer and developer for all Take 5 web properties.
Launched redesign of the Take 5 website April 3, 2017. The redesign departure from a one-page brochure site that received 0 traffic now receives an average of 500 hits daily within first 2 weeks. This has reduced customer service calls and allowed sales team to generate new leads. Future plans include working with SEO and Content Strategist teams to position Take 5 as an industry leader in the Big Data space, as well as redesign automobile industry site and multiple research data survey sites.
Wordpress design / development, branding design for growing small businesses.
Launched 12 websites – mostly complete redesigns – for small businesses resulting in new paying clients and exposure for medical, insurance, health & wellness, life coaching, real estate, public speakers and authors. My role was art direction, site architecture, content manager, designer, developer.
02/2012–09/14: Creative Manager, UI Designer, Office Depot / Office Max
Partnered with VP Creative Director and traffic coordinator to hire, lead and train expanding team of 14 visual designers and front-end developers.
- Bridged Promotional / Marketing teams, eCommerce UX Architects, User-testing, Analytics and Development team that resulted in iterative enhancements to homepage, global footer and top menu, shopping cart, B2B and Rewards microsites and landing pages.
- Established relationship with OfficeMax design team for co-branded design products resulting in expanded design team and management of OMax collateral, eComm and B2B sites.
- Partnered with email marketing team resulting in new responsive templates and training and expansion of design team.
10/2012–02/2014: Senior UI / Web Designer, Office Depot
Created email design, promo pages, tiles and UI interface design. Created training documentation and style guides and trend presentations.
- Worked with UX team in creating high-fidelity visual layer of Office Depot homepage desktop redesign resulting in greater customer conversion.
- Designed UI for shopping cart, membership forms, error messaging, menu flyouts, global footer and homepage banner placement resulting in faster load times, less steps through check-out and a cleaner, more modern interface.
- Mentored and trained new Visual designers and UX hybrid designers.
09/2012–01/2013: eCommerce Web Designer, Office Depot
Created emails, promotional banners, landing pages and visual support for UX team
- Updated entire set of email templates.
- Developed new FTP system for uploading new creative and hosting email images.
- Managed and updated the UX style guide.
10/2007–10/2012: Lead UI / Web Designer, Levenger
Led the creative web team, producing emails, landing pages, website graphics, supporting the goals of the marketing team, product development team and other business owners within the company. Responsible for design, creative direction, project management, hiring and training new design team members. Managed WordPress blog and video media. Produced and maintained web photography.
- Created new UI for entire Levenger site redesign including homepage, category pages, category pages, component furniture UI, shopping cart and all task and content pages.
- Updated over 5000 online product images to fit new product page zoom functionality.
- Created online onboarding training documentation including videos for new designers.
+ Education / Certifications
- UX & Web Design Mastery certificate in addition to 24+ self-directed online courses.
- FAU/PC Professor, Boca Raton FL, (graduated, Web Designer certificate)
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston MA (fine art & illustration)
Clark University, Braintree MA, (graduated, certificate in graphic design)
- Adobe Experience Design CC: First Look
- UX Design Techniques: Creating Scenarios and Storyboards
- UX Design Techniques: Overview
- UX Design: 4 Ideation
- UX Foundations: Content Strategy
- UX Foundations: Information Architecture
- UX Foundations: Making the Case for Usability Testing
- UX Foundations: Prototyping
- UX Foundations: Research
- Persuasive UX: Ethics of Persuasive Design
- Persuasive UX: Influencing Behavior Patterns
- Axure RP for UX Design
- UXPin for UX Design
- Sketch Essential Training: The Basics
- Yes, I am voracious. See more certifications here. And I’m not done. #alwayslearn
- UXPA – Associate Member